Shortcut Tricks For Fast Maths Calculation Banking Exam
Everyone is preparing for Competitive Exams. The competition is very high thus everyone needs to focus on their weak points. Aspirants, as well as students, find calculation speed as a hurdle. To overcome this weakness you must know some Shortcut Tricks for maths calculation. Here we will discuss all tricks which will help you to calculate fast in exams as well as in academics.
Shortcut Tricks for Fast Maths Calculation
1.Calculate sum of Natural Numbers
Here, we know the natural numbers are 1, 2, 3, 4…. so on.
know, if you want to calculate the sum of any Nth natural number we have a formula.
Sum of Nth Natural Number: N(N+1)/2
Suppose we have a question like this.
Calculate the sum of first five natural number.
Answer: Here we have N = 5
Now Sum of first five natural number we can get as, put N =5 in formula
=5 x 3 =15
Hence we can simply get the sum of any Nth natural number using this formula.
2.Calculate sum of Even Numbers shortcut Tricks
Here, we know the even numbers are 2, 4, 6, 8… so on.
know, if you want to calculate the sum of any Nth even number we have a formula.
Sum of Nth Even Number: N(N+1)
Suppose we have a question like this.
Calculate the sum of first four even number.
Answer: Here we have N = 4
Now Sum of first five even number we can get as, put N =4 in formula
Hence we can simply get the sum of any Nth even number using this formula.
3.Calculate sum of Odd numbers
Here, we know the odd numbers are 1,2,3,4…. so on.
know, if you want to calculate the sum of any Nth Odd number we have a formula.
Sum of Nth Odd Number: N2
Suppose we have a question like this.
Calculate the sum of the first Odd natural number.
Answer: Here we have N = 6
Now Sum of first five Odd number we can get as, put N =6 in formula
Hence we can simply get the sum of any Nth Odd number using this formula.
4. Multiplication of Two digit number with Two digit number very fast shortcut Tricks
Let us make a step ahead and move toward Multiplication trick. This trick will help you to calculate faster within seconds thus helps you a lot.
For example, you want to multiply 24 x 26,
Just follow this simple steps, and you will get the answer within seconds.
1: Write the numbers as we write in multiplication. Take a base number as 20. The base number must be a multiple of (Ten) 10 only.
2: Now, Think as to make 20 as 24 you need to add +4.
3: Similarly, To make 20 as 26 you need to add +6.
4: Now Multiply +4 with +6 You will get answer 24.
5: Now, You can see a cross relation where I have made a red circle. Either if you add 24 with +6 you will get 30 as result or .if you add 26 with +4 you ‘ll get 30.
6: Multiply the base number here it is 20 with 30.
7: Thus, after Multiplying you will get Answer 600.
8: Now take the answer 24 that we got in Step 4 below this 600 and Add them.
9: You will get Answer as 624 that is your Answer.
Using this method you will be able to Multiply two digit numbers within seconds. More you practice fewer steps you will require. A well versed can just need two step to Multiply using this technique.
5. Find Square of Any number shortcut Tricks
In Simplification questions, you may find many not only multiplication but also to calculate the square of numbers. Thus, Here we will see a small technique to find the square of any Number.
1 . Let us find the square of Number 64. Now, as shown in Step1 in fig. split 6 as well as 4.
2. After splitting them as shown in fig.Step 2 Write the square of 6 and do same with 4.
3. Seems Like we all know Square of 6 is 36, as well as Square of 4, is 16. Write them down as shown in fig. Step 3.
4. Now, Carefully see in fig. Step 4 that I have Multiplied 6 and 4 with 2. The 2 written in Green color. This is our formula. Multiply 2 with 6 then 4 or vice versa.
5. As you can see we finally got terms written as 36 / 48 / 16 in Step5.
6. Now, The most simple part comes here. See from the Right-hand side of 36 / 48 / 16. You will get 6 as your answers unit place digit.
7. From Number 16, 6 is gone remaining is 1. Put that 1 under next term moving toward left. Moving toward left the next Term we got as 48. Therefore add this 1 to 48 we will get 49 as the answer.
8. In Step 8 as shown in Fig. The answer we got as 49. Split 49 as 4 and 9. Take 9 aside which is our answers tens place digit as shown in step 8.
9.Take the remaining 4 from term 49 below the next left term, The next left term we got as 36. Add this 4 to 36 as shown in Fig.
10. After adding 4 with 36 we got the answer as 40. As no more terms remain on the left side. Take this 40 aside as the hundredth and thousand place digit of our answer.
11. Finally, we got an answer as 4096. The square of 64 is 4096.
12. Similarly, you can use the same logic to find the square of 3 digit numbers Like 124.
13. You can split 124 Either as 122/ 2 x 12 x 4/ 42 OR 12 / 2 x 1 x 24 / 242.
14. Hence Finally, the formula we have to find Square is AB = A2 / 2 x A x B / B2.
6. Calculate Cube of Any number shortcut Tricks
In Simplification questions, you might find many not only multiplication, square but also calculate the cube of numbers thus it becomes very time-consuming. Thus, Here we will see a small technique to find the cube of any Number.
Formula for this trick is AB3 = A3 / 3 X A2 X B / 3 X A X B2 / B3.
Let us find the cube of 32.
1. As shown in Fig. Step 1 split 32 in the way of formula.
2. Write cube of 3 at the left end and cube of 2 at the right end as shown in Fig.
3. The cube of 3 is 27 while cube of 2 is 8. Then place the values in the format of formula thus the equation becomes 27 / 3 x 9 x 2 /3 x 3 x 4 / 8.
4. On simplifying the multiplication you will get, 27 / 54 / 36 / 8.
5. This is the last step of just making our formula work.
6. Considering from right-hand to left in equation 27 / 54 / 36 / 8 we get 8 as the first digit of our answer.
7. Moving forward to left we get another number as 6. This is the tens place digit of the cube.
8. Now from Fig. you can see 36 is split as 3 | 6 and 6 we already used remained is 3. Add this 3 to the next left term which is 54. You will get 57.
9. Answer 5 7 is also split as 5 | 7. Take 7 as the third digit of your Answer as shown in Fig step 9.
10. Use remained 5. Add this 5 with the last most next left term 27. You will gate answer as 32.
11. As there is no more left terms remained. Take this 32 as the digit of your answer as shown in Fig.
Finally, we got our answer 32768 as the Cube of 32.
You can do it really very fast, only if you practice it well.
7. Calculate Square Root of Any number shortcut trick
We are already done with finding squares of any Number. Let’s take a step ahead. Now, we will move to find the Square root of any number.
Before we start, let me clarify that you must know the squares of the number from 1 to 10.
62 = 36,
72 = 49,
82 = 64,
92 = 81,
102 = 100.
Now, You must also know to find the square of the number which ends with 5.
Number’s like 5, 15, 25, 35, 45, 55, 65, 75, 85, 95 … and so on.
Here is a simple trick to find the square of such number. Let’s understand with an example.
Find the square of 65.
Answer: Let us think 65 as 6 and 5.
The square of 5 is 25. Now moving next to 6.
Here as you can see what we did with 6. In 6 we added 1 so the result we got is 7.
Now we simply multiplied 6 with 7 and we get an answer as 42.
Combining 42 and 25. The final result of 652 is 4225.
Similarly, The square of 45 will be, 452 = 2025.
Finding Square Root.
Also check: IBPS RRB APPLY LINK ACTIVATED.